Such equipment as a tea maker appeared not so long ago. This kitchen appliance is similar to a coffee maker and is immensely popular with those who have already tried it out. Tea brewing has reached a new level. Now, to carry out this process, they use not only teapots, but also special devices. This makes it possible to prepare a hot drink from any type of infusion, the desired temperature, strength and volume. This review will present the criteria for choosing a tea maker, models with a detailed description, price, advantages and disadvantages, as well as useful tips for brewing tea.
- 1 Principle of operation
- 2 How to choose?
- 3 What are the types of tea machines
- 4 Where to buy and how much does it cost
- 5 Popular models rating
- 6 Recommendations when choosing
- 7 Precautions for use
- 8 The process of brewing tea in a tea machine
Principle of operation
Standard gadgets have subtleties that surprise people who first encountered such a technique. For example, they boil water for quite some time. Most budget models do not have a power button and start heating the water immediately when plugged into the network. Removing residual water is also problematic.
There are two design options for the brewing machine:
- When the teapot is installed on the main body, or both are located side by side. In these two cases, the teapot is heated. The vertical device saves space.
- The horizontal ones are more advanced. They are equipped with platforms, screens and touch panels. The temperature of the infuser is regulated in the same way as the temperature of the liquid in general. There are automatic modes for different types of tea.
Like a coffee machine, the device is equipped with a small water container with a hole in which to place the capsule. The device works from the electric network and in a short time brews a delicious drink, delighting with its pleasant smell and rich taste. Such equipment is well suited for home and office.
How to choose?
When choosing a machine for brewing tea, you should pay attention to the following points:
- Control type. There are two types of control, mechanical and electronic. Mechanical involves multiple switches. With electronic control, there are several keys or a touch panel. How to choose the right device based on the type of control? It depends on consumer preference. Mechanical control is much easier. At the same time, the electronic control has ample opportunities - comfort in work, attractive design
- Type of brewing mechanism. The brewing mechanism included in the machine is of two types: removable or non-removable. The removable mechanism requires manual cleaning using a variety of detergents and cleaning agents. One press of a button is enough to clean the fixed mechanism.
- Power. This is a function that affects the brewing speed. It should be borne in mind here that when a drink is soon made, boiling water does not sufficiently absorb the aroma of a green leaf, so the choice is before the strength of the drink or the speed of preparation.
Machines that independently grind the sheet into powder are equipped with millstones. There are two types:
- Ceramic - do not undergo oxidation, work quietly.But at the same time, they have a short service life, are rather fragile, and can be damaged if foreign objects get inside the device.
- Metal ones have a longer service life, have greater strength.
What are the types of tea machines
Devices can be: horizontal and vertical, warming up the cooled drink, automatic and manual control, as well as glass and plastic. There are options for rinsing and crushing the leaves into powder. Others just brew.
Where to buy and how much does it cost
Since this device has not yet gained widespread popularity, most outlets do not purchase them in large quantities. You can purchase this device in online stores and at auctions, while there is worldwide delivery. For example, a tea maker can be purchased at such well-known trading platforms as Aliexpress, Amazon. Nice design for equipment manufactured in Asia. But a better quality product is one that is produced in European countries.
Devices for the production of hot drinks, the British manufacturer Strix and Otter, are distinguished by their reliability.
The average price starts from 1000 rubles.
Popular models rating
Tea making has reached a new level. Tea makers have moved from exotic utensils to common household appliances. It is easy to prepare a drink in them from any type of infusion, with the optimal temperature, the required strength and volume. A review of the best models with advantages, disadvantages, characteristics, will help you make your choice. They differ in price and additional features. The best manufacturers include models of American, German and Russian production.
According to buyers, the product of this brand is one of the best tea makers, with automated processes and various functions. You can also control the strength of the tea and the volume of the cup. The design consists of a container with a brewing grid, which can be easily removed and cleaned. An irreplaceable thing in the kitchen for lovers of a high-quality hot drink. The kit includes detailed instructions for use. It describes all the functionality of the machine.
Weight: 3.7 kg
Volume: 2.2 l.
Number of cups: 3.
- retains the beneficial properties of tea;
- with a quiet mode function;
- with indication of inclusion;
- there is a display for control.
- inconvenient location of the power button;
- there is little drink.
Price: from 9 189 rub.
Sharp te-t 01 ocha tech
The model for the tea ceremony is presented in a retro style and is not only an apparatus for preparing hot drinks, but also a decoration of the kitchen. The warm color and beveled edges are pleasing to the eye. The volume of the bowl is small compared to others, but the advantages in handling are much greater. The model is small, but capable of preparing up to 4 cups of hot drink in one sitting. There are several programs for brewing tea and chopping leaves. The set includes a book with tea recipes.
Weight: 3 kg.
Volume: 0.56 l.
Number of cups: 4.
- beautiful and versatile design;
- high-quality heating element;
- Japanese brewing technology.
- low heating rate;
- high price.
Price: from 7 100 rubles.
Rommelsbacher ta 1200
German manufacturers have approached with great responsibility the invention of the best and unique tea machine, designed really for people. The work includes 4 modes. The infusion goes through all the stages of preparation from 10 seconds to 10 minutes. The software has an effective stop timer. Glass and plastic combined in a sleek tea making machine. Compactness is one of the important criteria for convenience.
Weight: 4 kg.
Volume: 1 l.
Number of cups: 4.
- sleek design;
- with a closed spiral;
- glass case.
- the alert tone is too loud.
Price: from 8145 rub.
Bosch tta 2201
At first glance, the model seems small.But with the help of such an electric machine, you can drink a large family. The filter has a removable function and enables mechanical descaling. The device is made of two designs. The body is plastic and odorless. The manufacturers decided to put the machine into heating mode after making tea. This way, your tea will always be hot.
Weight: 2 kg.
Volume: 2 l.
Number of cups: 6.
- heating mode can be used to sterilize dishes.
- does not turn off automatically;
- liquid leaks from the spout.
Price: from 4200 rubles.
Selecline xb 6991
Inexpensive French brand model. Components are manufactured in China. The assembly takes place in the same place. The tea maker is presented in the form of a small teapot, which is in no way inferior to a full one. Suitable for a bachelor kitchen or a small family. It combines the capabilities and desires of the buyer. It takes up to 2 minutes for 1 serving of a hot drink. The popularity of the model is associated with the transparent body, and the process of brewing tea can be observed. Suitable for thrifty teas.
Weight: 0.9 kg.
Volume: 1 l.
Number of cups: 1.
- low power (600 W);
- on electronic control;
- safe model;
- the water level is visible.
- brews a small amount of tea;
- short cord.
Price: from 890 rubles.
The best and most versatile model for making tea and coffee. In the center there is a piston for pumping water. The model is made of glass, which is very hot. In general, not a bad device, according to customer reviews, performs all the necessary functions, but not in large volumes.
Weight: 1.3 kg.
Volume: 1 l.
Number of cups: 5.
- boils quickly;
- with auto heating;
- there is no plastic smell.
- makes too loud sounds when boiling water.
Price: from 3000 rubles.
Bosch private collection
The rating of quality models is closed by the teapot made in the form of a vertical structure. The lower part is used to maintain the set temperature. Upper - a teapot, used to pour the finished drink. Thus, the meal can go on indefinitely. I would like to note that the plinth contact rotation is designed for 360 degrees and can be installed in any position.
Weight: 1.55 kg.
Volume: 2 l.
Number of cups: 6.
- bottom made of stainless steel;
- with heating mode;
- comfortable plastic handle.
- there is no automatic mode.
Price: from 2490 rubles.
Recommendations when choosing
The most common models have the following characteristics:
- Several brewing modes. A variety of modes allows you to customize the desired tea making program.
- The number of grinding modes. These are several types of grinding used in the tea maker.
- Functional. Most of the options are equipped with activity modes, with the ability to customize them. These include: on / off, medium or high heating mode. In accordance with the selected mode, the device will heat up to the desired temperature.
- Volume. This characteristic makes it clear what the largest amount of drink can be made at one time.
- Power consumption. The characteristic determines the power consumed by the device during its activity.
- Body material. The material for the body is plastic or steel. The steel case is reliable, but the cost for them is much higher than for plastic ones.
- Grinding. It is characterized by the ability to grind the leaves into powder used for tea leaves.
- Width, depth and height. A large appliance in the kitchen will take up a lot of space and will only get in the way. Because of this, it is advisable to purchase the device, taking into account the actual dimensions of the kitchen.
- Weight. This characteristic depends on the size and material of manufacture.
It is also worth paying great attention to the warranty. In its absence, you should consider canceling the purchase.
Precautions for use
When using a tea-brewing machine, you need to remember that irresponsible handling of the device, faulty wiring, malfunctions in the tea machine itself, non-observance of safety measures can lead to electric shock or a fire hazard.
Therefore it is necessary:
- Use a factory-made device.
- The protection class must be in accordance with the working conditions.
- Before the first connection, you should read the operating instructions and strictly follow the requirements specified in it.
- Before connecting the device to the network, it is necessary to determine by eye that there is no damage to the plug and cord of the device. To repair and adjust the machine, it must be handed over to a service center.
- If the plug does not fit into the outlet, it becomes hot, and the appliance cannot be used.
- Do not leave the switched on device unattended.
- Do not touch the hot appliance with your hands; use handles and rotary knobs.
- To prevent a fire, do not immerse the cable, plug, or liquid. Do not touch the device with wet hands.
- When not in use, or before cleaning, it must be disconnected from the mains. Allow the machine to cool down before installing or removing elements from the device.
- It is not recommended to use accessories that are not specified by the manufacturer of the machine in the instructions, as this may create a fire hazard, lead to electric shock or various injuries.
- The device should not be placed near or on hot gas burners or heaters.
- Before disconnecting the machine from the mains, set the switch to the "OFF" position, then remove the plug from the socket.
- The machine should only be used at home and for its intended purpose.
- Be careful not to burn yourself with the hot steam.
The process of brewing tea in a tea machine
Using a tea brewing device, you can participate in the Japanese ceremony without leaving your apartment. The device will make it possible to prepare a drink in which a large number of aromatic elements and all the benefits of the leaf are preserved, unchanged. Catechins and plant fibers remain. This makes it possible to get a tasty and healthy drink with a pleasant smell.
- Ceramic millstones, included in the composition, grind the sheets, while maintaining their useful properties.
- After the water boils, it is cooled to an optimal temperature of 70-85 degrees.
- The built-in whisk mixes and whips while the powder dissolves in the water.
Knowing what to look for when choosing a tea making machine, now you will not be at a loss as to which device is better to buy. Moreover, you can purchase useful and high-quality equipment that will last a long time.